A castoff exterior lighting fixture forms the frame of this unusual six-sided birdhouse; an ornate piece of chandelier hardware completes the exotic "temple" look. A " wood liner protects the nesting area from any heat buildup. With its 1 1/8" entry and 4 " wide interior space, it appeals to the smaller cavity-nesters in your garden, such as chickadees and wrens. Note: Because they are made from recycled materials, the metal parts on these houses may be weathered (tarnished) to varying degrees, which adds to their charm.
- Entry hole size: 1 1/8"
- Suitable for: Wrens and chickadees
- Approximate dimensions: 12" H x 7" W x 7" L
- Approx. weight: 3 lbs.
- Features: Air vents, drainage holes, removable clean-out section, wood roof liner
- Recycled materials: Cedar, chandelier parts, lighting fixture, paint
- New materials: Galvanized fasteners
- Mounting instructions: Thread a short cord or chain through the metal top loop and hang the house 6'-15' off the ground, with the entry facing away from the prevailing wind.
- Clean-out instructions: In late winter, remove screws from base and clean out old nesting material.
- PRICE: $55 each (does not include shipping and handling per item)