Small Lid Birdhouses
A smaller version of our Large Lid model, this sweet little house has a 1 1/8" entry and 4" diameter interior space that are just right for the smaller birds like wrens and chickadees. The round shape mimics a hollow tree cavity where these birds prefer to nest. It's made of salvaged Western Red cedar; an old pan lid serves as the roof. (A " wood liner under the lid protects the nesting area from any heat buildup.) Lighting fixture parts add decorative accents to the roof and/or house body.
Small Lid Specifications:
- Entry hole size: 1 1/8"
- Suitable for: Wrens and chickadees
- Approximate dimensions: 9" H x 8" W
- Approx. weight: 3 lbs.
- Features: Air vents, drainage holes, removable clean-out section, wood roof liner
- Recycled materials: Cedar, pan lid, lighting fixture hardware and trim, paint
- New materials: Galvanized fasteners
- Mounting instructions: Thread a short cord or chain through the metal top loop and hang the house 6'-10' off the ground, with the entry facing away from the prevailing wind.
- Clean-out instructions: In late winter, remove screws from base and clean out old nesting material.
- PRICE: $45 each (does not include shipping and handling per item)