This charming rustic house with a 1 " entry and 5" x 5" interior space is designed for swallows and bluebirds. Salvaged chandelier trim around the entry compliments the rough cedar exterior and also acts as a deterrent to squirrels, which sometimes try to gain entry by gnawing on the wood around the hole. Roof material may be cedar, or recycled asphalt shingles over exterior plywood.
- Entry hole size: 1 1/2"
- Suitable for: Violet-green swallows, tree swallows and bluebirds
- Approximate dimensions: 12" H x 8" W x 8" L
- Approx. weight: 4 lbs.
- Features: Air vents, drainage holes, removable clean-out section
- Recycled materials: Cedar, salvaged trim from light fixtures or plumbing parts, paint, asphalt roof on some
- New materials: Galvanized fasteners
- Mount on a nail on a tree trunk, fence, or post 5'-10' (for bluebirds) or 10'-15' (for swallows) off the ground, with the entry facing away from the prevailing wind.
- Clean-out instructions: In late winter, remove screws from back panel and clean out old nesting material.
- PRICE: $55 each (does not include shipping and handling per item)