Large Lid Birdhouses
One of our best sellers, this round birdhouse is made of salvaged Western Red cedar and features an old pan lid for the roof. (A " wood liner under the lid protects the nesting area from any heat buildup.) Light fixture parts add a decorative accent to the roof and/or house body. The 5" diameter interior space and 1" entry makes this house suitable as a home for medium-sized cavity-nesting birds. Smaller birds such as wrens and chickadees may also use it.
Large Lid Specifications:
- Entry hole size: 1 1/4"
- Suitable for: Chickadees, nuthatches, titmice, downy woodpeckers
- Approximate dimensions: 14" H x 9" W
- Approx. weight: 4 lbs.
- Features: Air vents, drainage holes, removable clean-out section, wood roof liner
- Recycled materials: Cedar, pan lid, lighting fixture hardware and trim, paint
- New materials: Galvanized fasteners
- Mounting instructions: Thread a short cord or chain through the metal top loop and hang the house 6'-15' off the ground (12'-20' for nuthatches), with the entry facing away from the prevailing wind.
- Clean-out instructions: In late winter, remove screws from base and clean out old nesting material.
- PRICE: $55 each (does not include shipping and handling per item)